Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can I keep an African Clawed frog buy itself?

I am thinking of getting an african clawed frog, I only have a ten gallon tank (filter and everything). Can I keep one buy itself? I am only considering getting one so this is not a sure thing so please don't scream at me if this isn't suitable.
Answers:
I have had one in a fish bowl with no filtration and no air bubbles ( I just clean his bowl all the time) and he has been by his self for about a year and does just fine. He eats reptile pellets. He is a rather boring pet, as they don't really swim around that much.
Yes, it will do much better if kept alone.
Yes a 10 gal. tank is enough room for 1 african clawed frog. They need 7-10 gals of water per frog. They are great pets I have 11 adult acfs and 3 froglets that I have just raised from a couple of mine laying eggs. If you decide to get one please come and join my african clawed frog group on yahoo or you can even come and join before you get your frog so you can learn more about their care. Hope to see you on the group.
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/afric...

1 comment: