Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can turtles cry??

i mean if dogs can cry, can turtles? not that i'd want them to cry. i love turtles!
Answers:
No, turtles do not cry. Unlike other animals. However, if they are basking under the sun or light for long, you might see them with wet wet eyes. (but this is not crying). Cheers, enjoy watching your turtles bask. They love it
no they dont have eye ducts to produce tears
i doubt it.
they wont cry because they are upset and have emotional feeling, but possibly if something gets in their eye..
no animals have the mental capacity to cry, theyre brains aren't complex enough to process emotions
I don't know! Why should they cry?
No i am sure they can't, they do have feelings but not the same as we do. By the way what kind of turtles do u have?
I have 4 red eared sliders and a bunny.
Annika
NO. Turtles do not have Tear Ducts...
they don't literally cry, but water does come from their eyes at times. And they do this only to cool off.
nope but if their eyes are swollen it looks if they have just cried
but yea they dont cry
I'd assume that they could but I'm not sure cause when I saw a turtle a couple of times I thought that I saw one crying.

2 comments:

  1. my turtle is making this kinda squeaking sound. Is he crying??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding ... I turned off the pump this morning and have heard this same sound! I googled it and your comment. Now that I've noticed, it's very audible. It's a heavy exahalation which whistles throug his nostrils.

    ReplyDelete