Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can I take my bearded dragons on a short outing?

I want to show my beardies off to some friends of mine who I will be seeing tomorrow. Here are some things you should know before deciding whether it is a good idea or not...I live in Southern California where the weather has been very hot(today was 99 degrees and tomorrow will be 96), my beardies are almost 2 months old, I have a small plastic tank that I can use for travel(their real tank is 40 gallon glass), the car ride will be approximately 15 minutes with no AC then we will be indoors with AC for about 45 minutes(but I can take them outside to warm up if necessary), and then the car ride home will be another 15 minutes. Is this okay or will it be too much for my babies? I don't want to harm them in any way, I just want to show them off to a few friends.
Answers:
I think it will be fine just make sure it has access to some source of moisture. and 45 min is not that long in AC. I believe it should be fine.

If it starts looking lethargic or something take it outside to warm it self up. But 45 min shouldn't cause it too much harm. I mean if that can lsat the desert nights, it can last the AC.
at 2 months this would be too much stress all the traveling and such have your friends come to you or send them pictures
You have to conside that!! Your beardies are just 2 month old i dont advice you to travel your beardies for their own safety and helath issues ! Although you can if you want to bring water and their food and they are not yet fully grown so therefore you should handle them! DO NOT LET ANYONE HANDLE THE BEARDIES!! I'm a reptile lover!!!!! I'm concern and i think you should not travel your beardies but it's your decision!
they should be fine just make it as quick as possible and make sure they can't see out of the container otherwise they might stress more than they have to. And for future referance this isnt advised to do this very often as they can be stressed out try to avoid a "crowd" of people around the animals to.

No comments:

Post a Comment