Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can my bearded dragon live with out food for a few days?

I am going out of town for 3 nights. Can I leave my bearded dragon with out food for 2 days? I am going to give him 20 crix before I leave and salad. I will also give him a bowl of water, i usually spray him instead. Do you think he will be ok?
Answers:
Im sure he would be fine.
If you are worried, you could leave him a small bowl of a dry, kibble-type beardie food. It wouldnt spoil sitting out for a couple of days, and if he gets very hungry, he could munch on it.
There are a million different types of dry beardie diets available at any petstore.
he will be fine...my beardie sometimes goes for a couple of days between feedings on his own
Get someone to watch him. That is NOT suitable for a dragon, esp if it's not fully grown. Seriously, it's like leaving a dog or something that likes and needs daily nurturing and attention. These are the kind of things you need to consider before getting a pet: who will take care of it while I'm on vacation (etc)? Good luck on finding someone.
yeh he will be ok, but maybe get more than 20 crix, mine will eat 20 in one sitting, but its just a suggestion, he will be fine either way
I wouldn't. That is pretty cruel, I mean, you could technically survive without food for 3 days but would you really like it? Chances are no...you would not. Your beardie has feelings too, he has the feeling of hunger and thirst just like us. You should have someone stop by at least once or twice to change his water and feed him while you are away. Before we got any of our animals we made sure we had someone who would take care of them when we go on vacation or anywhere for that matter.
i suppose he would be able to survive, but he also need attention. so why don't you ask someone in the neighbourhood, teenagers usually love to do that as long as it includes a few $$$$.

6 comments:

  1. i left mine for a week without food and my pet shop said that was normal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done it several times. no problem. my beardie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldnt spoil sitting out for a couple of days, and if he gets very hungry, he could munch on it.
    There are a million different types of dry beardie diets available at any petstore.
    Facebook Symbols

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Before we got any of our animals we made sure we had someone who would take care of them when we go on vacation or anywhere for that matter.
    custom labels
    labels and stickers

    ReplyDelete
  5. People believed that These are the kind of things you need to consider before getting a pet: who will take care of it while I'm on vacation (etc)? Good luck on finding someone.
    Facebook Smileys
    Facebook Symbols
    Target Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the wild they don't eat everyday so I don't see it as torture or a bad thing if you miss a day here or there. That way they don't know any different when you do skip a day.

    ReplyDelete