Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can i put in "turtle clean" with my turtle still in the tank?

I got this new product that's called Turtle Clean. Can I put that in the tank with my turtle still in it or should I take him out?
Answers:
I use Turtle Clean, too. It's a really good product. It's fine to put it in when the turtle is in the tank, but you'll want to dilute it in water first.
If this is your first time using the Turtle Clean, I'd suggest doing a partial water change in your tank. Take out about half the water, add the Turtle Clean to the new water you put in. (This shouldn't disturb the turtle too much. Check the bottle, but I think you'll need to add one teaspoon per 5 gallons of water. Be sure to base that on the total amount of water in the tank for the initial use, not just the new water. Next time you clean the tank or add water, just use the maintenance dosage.
I find that when using Turtle Clean, you don't need to clean the whole tank nearly as often, but you may still go through a lot of filter cartridges, since it breaks down the waste, and a lot of it gets into the filter.
i think , to be on the safe side..take him out before u put it in
If its the product that removes chlorine and makes the water cleaner, then its ok to put it in while the turtle is still in their but it would be better if you took him/her out.
no, its better to take ur turtle out
Yea it works but i prefer to change it myself
You can leave the turtles in there but you can suck out all the poop, skin, shell, or any food left behind first and suck about half the water up, fill it up again then add the Turtle clean!
have a filter too!!
unless u want to risk ur turtles life, u better take him out

No comments:

Post a Comment