Saturday, May 22, 2010

Can turtles live in watter you get from your hose?

have a prob I need to know if the live in watter you get from
your hose, I don't live in a city, I live in a town... well anyway I am
thinking of getting a small turtle from my friends pond. I am
getting different animals and i figure out how you take care of
them, how you feed them and stuff like that, so I really need
help on this one cause I have looked online before about this
Question and never found an answer for it so I really need alot
of ppl to answer this one.
Answers:
First what you want to do is find out if it lived in warm water berfore, room temp. water, or cold water.you could do it from the hose if you want it thats the type of temp water it was in before. But just make sure you now the temp. of the water the turtle was in before.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
Tap water is fine. Just don't shock your turtle by changing the water temperature too quickly. In other words, you want the water to be a little bit cooler than "lukewarm." Most water from a garden hose is very cold. The solution is to fill buckets of water in your sink (testing the temperature with your hand) and pour them into the tank one by one.
Sure. Just make sure you change it daily and keep it clean...
yes but use a water conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment