Saturday, May 22, 2010

Can water turtles eat fish food?

my turtle ran out of pellets and i cant get more until maybe monday or tuesday and i was wondering if they can eat fish food because i have lots of it
Answers:
I have 4 turtles in the same tank with 2 algae eaters and a flying fox. I need to feed the algae eaters and flying fox too..so yes I put fish food in the tank. The turtles munch on it all the time along with their regular diet. Mine think of it as part of their treat of the day! AND my turtles are very healthy...
It will not hurt the turtle. How old is the turtle. If it is a baby or young one you can't starve it until Tuesday.
Other suggestions would be...do you have any romaine lettuce around. That will work too... or try some dandelion leaves...
Not sure. But I feed mine lean meat of all sorts. Hamburger, hot dogs, even sandwich meat. I also dig up garden worms for them. I've had them for 10 years. Good luck.
He'll be fine until Tuesday without food. You may have suitable foods in the house--check out the feeding part of this site:

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/care/ca...
yes
YES!!the pet store man said it can and turtles
i would not do it
just buy feeder fish only 12 cents each
Your turtles can stay without food for a WEEK!! so you dont really need to feed it pellets, but you can try feeding veggies instead
fish food has almost the same things as a turtle pellets so its fine ! but doesnt mean they will eat it >%26lt; mines dont like it
My turtle ran out of pellets so I tried it feeding with fish food and nothing bad happen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment