Monday, May 24, 2010

Do I just clean my turtle's tank out with a sponge and water?

Or is there some kind of product that I should use?
Answers:
Speaking from experience here.sponge and water is good. You can also use vinegar. But make sure you completely rinse it. Vinegar is safer then bleach!! I also have 2 algae eaters in their tank and a flying fox. They haven't bothered them yet...I own 4 of them...
If you have a good filtration system happening you don't need to clean as much.
I have my turtle tank down to a science..Turn filter off...feed.scoop poop and leftover food..turn filter on again.
Use a razor blade to clean the glass!!!!!
This should be fine, just don't use any household cleaning products, eg bleach, detergent as this could kill your turtle. you probably can get special products for the job, but there is no real need for them.
I know that turtles are carriers of salmonella so I would be very careful with turtles. The stagnant water and their body's bacteria can cause this. I would use rubber gloves and use bleach to clean the tank. Bleach is the only thing that kills bacteria, even the Aid's virus and then dries up, not causing harm to the animal. It takes about 15 mins. for sanitation at 10% chlorine to water and then allow it to dry completely and air out before putting the turtle back in. Google it to make sure. Good luck.
You can use a beach-water solution. Do, 3 parts water 1 part bleach. After you scrub it down, make sure you rinse it out really good.
just put ur turtle and every thing else out side and wash out the tank then add water and add every thing else back in the easiest way is to just get a filter
just take it outside and use a water hose and clean it WARNING if you put water in it will be very very VERY heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment