Saturday, May 22, 2010

Corn Snake Anger Help?

my 1-1/2 foot corn snake is hostile when you try to pick him up. he shakes his tail and coils up, occasionally hissing. what should i do??
Answers:
He may be moulting -just leave him alone-snakes were not meant to be loving pets.
I'd totally toss him a mouse.
he needs to be handled more often
One of my adult females was much like yours was when she was younger. I have a few other yearlings that act like that as well. I've found they eventually mellow with age. I did not handle these excessively as I had plenty of others that stressed less and one day, they just got mellower. I didn't do anything special, just left them alone mostly. Eventually they've become some of my mellowest animals. I would keep the handling to a minimum and for short duration. You will find as the animal ages, it will mellow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment