Monday, May 24, 2010

Could a red earslider turtle survive outside n a garage in the winter with (clean)warm water n food?


Answers:
First RES are aquatic and need an area to swim. Also they need heat lamps so unless those are provided than no way can it live happily out there. It really shouldn't be outside in the winter anyways... even if it's in a garage.
if they are in a habitat outside and you have mud and dirt at the bottom, then they'll probably dig a hole and bury themselves under to escape the cold.They go into hibernation.
I have an outdoor pond that has red earsliders in it, I leave them there all year round as they hibernate in the winter in the mud along the sides. To answer your question I wouldn't as it would not be hibernating and unless you have a heat lamp and can keep the temperature at a certain degree your turtle will probably get sick. I do have a few that do not hibernate and I bring them inside for the winter as I have a tank with a heat lamp and they are fun to watch and in the summer I put them back out in the pond.
I don't know if this helps you but I would check some sites on red earsliders like exotic pets have good infor.
i dont no but the reptile vet would ask him/her
You need enough room and water a heater you definitely need a heater (75 degrees) and food , and a UV light or any lighting you can get in its tank
in the winter i keep it in my room >%26lt;
NO... They are aquatic turtle and they always need to be in the water.
Besides why would you keep it in the garage not in the house.
Good Luck
*Krstl*

No comments:

Post a Comment