Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bearded dragon geting big?

my beardie gizmo 12now and he is 30 inches in a 20 gallon tank is that good he seems happy to
Answers:
Make sure he has something to climb up on. . .make little levels. I had two (not that big) in a 20 gallon tank and they were happy. I let them roam the house quite a bit so they weren't so restricted to the tank.
Sounds okay. You've got a full sized one there!
Large bearded dragons don't bother me.
Large bearded clams do.
Sounds like there's no hurry to get a larger tank, but if he gets too much bigger (although he shouldn't!) you may want to upgrade his home.
Well you may not like this answer but" NO" a 20 gallon I am assuming because you did not add it that it not a 20 gallon long or a 20 gallon breeder which is longer than a traditionally 20 gallon tank. Well experts agree that 40 gallon is the minimum for a beardy and 55 gallon is all the better. They are allowed a cooler side and warmer side to there habitat when it allowed bigger so they can move to one side to get cooler if they want or stay on the heated and light side to bask.. If the tank is to small then they are not able to get out of the heat if they want to.. I know even if you let them roam around your house for exersice that is not the main problem, as whehn they go back they are hermotherms.. Which means they get there heat externally they absorb what is there so if the tank does not allow them to sprawl out and have a cool side and warm side it makes it very difficult to get cool and warmer..Many times you can get larger takes in your local paper. Also not sure where you live but I know around hre people have what they call large trash pickup and you can ride around and find tanks people are getting rid of they have no room fo, The beauty of you needing it for a reptile is even if it is cracked a little you can still use it as it does not have to hold water.. Also another thing is I know Petco about and around Sept 1 has tanks for a dollar per gallon meaning if is a 55 gallon tank you get it for 55.00 , but you do have to remeber you still have to buy a top for it.. I know it is not that yes that everyone else said but it is the facts.. You can look anywhere on line about this.. The reccommmended for an adult beardy is nothing less than 40 gal.. I have my gecko in a 20 gal and my corn in a 20 and my python in a 40.. My water dragin is in a screen terraium that is 4 feet long by 4 and a half feet high and I know soon I will have to get a larger one as reccommmended is 6 feet long by at least 4 feet high for climbing. I know the screen terraiums at least on line are not to bad in price harder to hold in heat but they have the advantage of being able to climb right up the sides if they want and I can put plenty of vines from bottom to top for basking.. I do want to say good choice in reptiles though my next one will be a beardy they make great pets and most have a great disposition..
i think you should get a bigger tank uz he sounds like a bigger 1 and needs the room for roaming and to kewl dow if he has 2!
Yes that is really good for his age but u need to get him in a bigger tank like a 40 gal reptile tank or bigger. To small of tank can cause growth problems in your dragon
All the books call for 75 or 125 gallon minimum size tanks. I think this is way overexaggerated, however, that size is very small for him. I think you should get him a 55 gallon tank, and let him roam around a bit and he will be happy.
thats huge you need a 50 gallon tank

No comments:

Post a Comment