Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big headed gecko problem?

I have a big headed gecko and have done for about a year. Normally when his light runs out of power I just change it, but this time the socket is broke. So he hasn't had light for about a month. Do you think he will be alright untill I get around to fixing it? and do you think it will be alright when the light is fixied?
Answers:
Big headed gecko's don't need uv lighting do they? If not he'll be fine! My bulb popped once and i couldn't get hold of one for around a month too and my leopard geckos just had to live with their heat mat on all the time! But when i got them a new light i think they deffo missed it as they seemed to be more active iin the tank! lol I'm sure he'll be fine!
Reptiles need UV light and warmth to be healthy. Without the UV from the light they will get ill and can develop fatal illnesses from bone diseases to digestion problems.
Get a new light ASAP. If it's just his basking lamp and has another UV source he should be ok as long as he stays warm for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment