Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ball Python Owners?

OK, so i've done HEAPS of research on them and I know the basics but is there anything else i should know? You know, the stuff only snake owners would know.
Answers:
No there is not, you lear as you go along I myself have two ball pythons and they are for one the best pets ever thery are very kind. If you do your reasearch then all you have to do is ask the person of company you buy the snake from. Personaly I would recemend getting 2 snakes. My snake Joey got lonley so I bought Cloe now we are going to have baby snakes soon.
They can be affectionate. My female will lay on me and wait for me to wake up if I fall asleep on the couch or in a chair while holding her. They do know people and understand how they are being treated. Just like any animal good treatment will help them develope a good personality.
Heres a good web site with care sheets and a Ball Python forum . You can learn a lot just from reading the posts . You will learn more and more the longer you have your snake . If you ever have any problems with anything you can ask at the forum , here or even e mail me and I will help . I have raised snakes for over 20 years . I think you will like this web site . http://www.repticzone.com
like everyone else is saying, you kinda learn more as you go. i've had my girl for about a year and a half now and she is the best pet i've ever had. i got her when she was a baby and we quickly established a rapport. i think as long as you take the time to get to know your snake, the better off you are. she loves to be in my hoodie pockets. i even take her on short trips with me... like to the gas station or whatever.
being a snake owner can be very rewarding.
as a note, please be sure the snake you buy is captive bred as buying snakes that were caught in the wild can carry more parasites and be a bit more aggressive.
good luck!
Snakes are not affectionate (as someone stated).. The snake didn't move off of her because she was a heat source!! It's true that you learn as you go.. Each snake is different. My oldest girl tolerates everything and doesn't easily get stressed. My male hisses and is defensive but only while in his enclosure and I have a younger female that stresses easily. It's basically learning that snake..and it's personality. (temperment etc.) Just don't start giving the snake human emotions..they don't show affection, happiness etc. Their emotions are defense, tolerant, stressed and hungry. You really shouldn't take your snake on even short trips.. It should never be loose in a car or your pocket as you drive a car..These are snakes...not dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment