Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby leopard gecko?

How long should i let my baby gecko get situated to its new home before I start handling it? I just got it today. All it seems to want to do at the moment is sleep. This normal?
Answers:
what unratedbabe said!
here's a decent link for care of leopard gecko's...
http://www.leopardgecko.com/emcare.html...
and i REALLY do recommend using paper towel instead of sand! my gecko got enough of the sand impacted that he ended up dying. :(
they are nocturnal... as long as you don't hold them to much it should be fine ... the sooner you start to handle them the sooner they will know that you are a friend that will not harm it. if you wait till it is older then it will new to it and will get scared and not want you to hold it
I know that leopard geckos are very friendly and that they can be tamed very easily. I got a friends leo when she was 6 years old and she had only been handled a few times...I've had her for about 4 or 5 months and now if I put my hand in her tank she climbs up my hand.
So I don't think it really matters when you start handling them, but I'm not totally sure.
yes only when its interested in food will it hunt around 4 it and wonder about have u tried phoenix worms?

No comments:

Post a Comment