Friday, July 31, 2009

Can I catch minnows ina near by creek then feed them to my baby Red Eared Slider Turtles?

Please answer
Answers:
with a net
yes you can because i do it all the time and my turtle love them!!
Yes you can, they will also eat baby perch, tad poles, and baby catfish if you can find them. I use to feed my turtles fish about twice a week just to keep them happy. They love them!
Thats usually fine
As long as the water the fish are living in is clean. Just because it LOOKS clean it doesnt mean it is. If the fish living in contaminated water they can hurt your turtles when they eat them.
I dont recommend feeding wild caught insects or fish. There is a big chance that they have parasites that will be passed on to the turtle.
Yes they love minnows, rosy minnows. You can if it looks like a "healthy" environment--the lake, stream, or pond. You do need to be careful of parasites. But even ones from pet stores can have parasites %26 infect your turtles. So its your choice. I buy mine usually from a pet store nearby. On occasion, yes we get them from apond. They love them. Also tadpoles, pond plants, live plants, Anacharis, water hyacinths, water lettuce are a few. The even eat snails too. Goldfish too but they are fatty %26 not a nutritious as the rosy minnows. Yep--go for it.
i did for my turtle but he just makes friends with fish. two goldfish i got for him to eat got to be bigger than him.
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment