Friday, July 31, 2009

Can a black rat snake breed with a red-rat snake(corn snake)?


Answers:
yes. they are different sub classifications of the same species.
i dont see why not they are the same corn snake
They are two DIFFERENT species, but they might hybridize.
The question is, why would you want to?
you can breed most colubrids together. you can breed kingsnakes and cornsnakes together... bull snakes and cornsnakes together... bull snakes and kingsnakes together..
yes they can
I've breed A Deckerts Rat Snake (Elaphe Obsoleta Deckertey) with an Amelanistic Corn Snake (Elaphe Guttata Guttata)
Corn Snakes have also been breed with many of the King Snakes
My website
NO. Rats and corns wont mix. You'll lose one to the other if U do that., If however they are both definitely rat snakes then yes. They just both have to be from the same region like they both have to be either california kings or both florida kings but you cant mix the two.

1 comment:

  1. I have got a candy corn can I put in a black mexican king snake in with her for breeding? And can I swap my rat snake males. also for breeding( my yellow rat and my texas rat).sorry I'm new to breeding please help .thanks

    ReplyDelete