Friday, July 31, 2009

Can Grasshoppers eat frog?

I bought one small frog an a red bellied toad not too long ago. A month ago I was sold small grasshoppers to feed them with. This was unknown to me because I thought they'd sold me crickets. They grew about 3 times they're original size within that month. I cleaned out the tank today an there was no sign of the frog or the toad. Could the grasshopper has eaten them?
Answers:
How many of them did you have in there? I suppose it is possible, but there would have been some skeleton remains. More likely he buried himself in the dirt, mud or rocks and got cleaned out with the tank,...next time take the grasshoppers back and say hey i wanted crickets.
your frog escaped
Yes, I'm afraid so, my daughter's first lizard ( not exotic) went this way.
You shouldn't leave the feeder animals in the tank - just put a couple in at feeding time.
Sounds like you need to change your toads name to Houdini after the great escape artist for his time.
It is possible, yes. But if you put them all in that tank at one time, that is the precise reason why. I keep my feeding crickets in their own tank where I breed them and take a few out to give to my lizards. I would really avoid grasshoppers though. Accident or not, they just jump everywhere, hit the sides of the container, make a lot of noise from collision, and they can fly a bunch. -_- I would just doing so.
However, if there is no sign of their remains (Such as bones) maybe they have escaped or hid under the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment