Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Are cats worried by bearded dragons?

We have a pair of bearded dragons and wish to add a couple of kittens (one a pedigree ragdoll) to the household. The ragdoll breeder is concerned that the reptiles might pose a problem, ie that the kitten would never settle with the reptiles in the house. Could this be a major issue?
Answers:
We've had many cats with various kinds of reptiles over the years and never had any problems with them. I would say the cat would be more curious about what the lizard is and what kind of entertainment it can provide rather than be terrified of it or unsettled by it.
Some breeders can be overprotective about where their animals are going, and this is usually actually a good sign, it can show the breeder does care for their animals and has looked after them well. I would try my best to convince the breeder that the cat will be well looked after in your home and you are aware of all the issues that could arise from having cats and reptiles in the same house but you are prepared to do all you can to make sure there will be no problems.
Cats get worried by bearded dragons .. Have you seen my mother-in-law... Scares me to hell as well
if they're not, i would be
Why would the breeder think that? I have three beardies and a cat in the same home, and if anything, the beardies provide entertainment for my cat. She loves to watch them, and tends to perch on the windowsill by their tank and observe them for long periods of time. If your beardies have free roam about the house, I would be concerned that the cat might go after them once she's older.other than that, I am sure your new kitty will settle just fine as long as the reptiles are housed in a tank and are not free roaming.
Have you seen my *****? when it came into contact with the mother in law it was an absolute cat-astrophe.
i wldnt say so no coz my cat windes my lizardz and my snake up lol i got geckos and basilist
Never mind about the cats.i think we'd all be scared coming face to face with bearded dragons!! Harry Potter.where are you?? ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment