Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Are iguanas good pets?"?

I really want one but im not sure if its a good pet.
Answers:
No. Don't buy one. I know reptiles really well, and these things get HUGE. I mean, unless you have pleanty of space and a lot of patience, don't get one. I've seen a lot of them be really nasty and tail whip and bite. I have 2 bearded dragons, which are great. They don't get too big(16-20 sometin inches) and they're extremely friendly.
I love mine my b/f bought two and thought it was like any other lizard.WRONG!geez hes so lucky he has a g/f that love all animals because these are high maintanced animals.Anyways if it wasnt for me these guys would be dead hes so unresponsible and 23 yrs old at that.I have spent over 1,000 already in the past 5 months for mine,built a custom 8by 8 foot cage outdoor area with pool they are only babies but anyways i feed them fresh produce and only the food they are suppose to eat and plus the right amounts so they get the right vitiamins and so on.I have read book do daily research i enjoy these guys so much.I constanyl watch them all day alot with my doggies lol and i observe i work from home to fortunely i get to do this.they have to have the right temppeture to digest food and all kinds of stuff i would defently reseach b4 getting one.Ofcoarse i wasnt abable to do this because my idotic b/f brought to home in a paper bag and was intrested for a minute.i raised hell with him but i assue u i take damn good care of them and spoil them so they r in good care with me for life,im going to a repitle class for them on sat i would recomend thoughs too. i have had my iguanas for 5 months now vet says they are in fantasic health.anyways sorry to keep talkin but seriously b4 getting one do research and have the time and money for them.good luck
aparently not for you, they are VERY high maintence and cost a fortune to take care of, they also grow to huge sizes, 5-6ft. long, unless you have expeince with reptile pets and are educated on iguanas, i highly doubt you are ready for an iguana of your own
yes they are if you care for them properly and it is alot of work

No comments:

Post a Comment